Thursday, January 19, 2012

Peter Ould puts Jeffery Johns threat of legal action into a Biblical context using...1 Corinthians 6 : 1-8 (ESV)


And let's face it...GLBTI people are the homeless when it comes to the church!

In response to the possibility of Jeffery John's lawsuit against the Anglican Church, Peter Ould posted an article on his website using 1 Corinthians 6: 1-8 . Peter Ould is concerned about who exactly Jeffery Johns will sue and adds... the Bible speaks very pertinently to the situation, quoting 1 Corinthians 6: 1-8.

Peter, is that the bit where it says..."To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded? But you yourselves wrong and defraud—even your own brothers!"
Blow me down...and I thought churches had heaps of lawyers working for them ?"

I say Bugs did you read the comments section of Peter Ould's blog... Cerebusboy... "Peter, I wasn't saying you were wrong to take the initial action. In fact, the information you have supplied surely indicates that there are all sorts of occasions where it is legitimate for someone in the church to take legal action against someone else in the church, negating the narrow interpretation of 1 Corinthians 6 that is being used to condemn Jeffrey John's (apparent) possible actions. If it was moral and not unbiblical for you to take legal action against another Christian then why does the same standard not apply to John?"

Peter Ould... "Let me be clear. I have never taken David Heron to a secular court. I haven't yet taken him to an ecclesiastical "court" (which in the first instance would be his bishop), though I have all the necessary material to do so if necessary. That said, everything I wrote above stands. David Heron has admitted 20 or so charges of "Conduct Unbecoming", some of it of a highly offensive nature. He no longer holds a licence and is on the Archbishop's list. I understand that the person who laid these charges against David Heron first went directly to him to ask him to cease and apologise, and when that didn't work went to the Bishop responsible who took it from there. Classic Biblical approach. If you want to discuss the matter further then email me, but let's stop discussing it here."

Now let me see if I've got this right...The classical Biblical approach is to set yourself up as an expert on post-gay transition, without a medical degree, and then become defensive and use lawyers to threaten legal action, when an Anglican priest of 40 years uses a satirical blog, to express his concern for the welfare of GLBTI people within his church... but it's inappropriate for Jeffery John to sue because he is gay and the church condones bigotry?
Now I've got it... I now understand the fundamentals of orthodoxy! It's absolutely
crystal!

Who told you that Fr David Heron took voluntary retirement and voluntary retirement always results in automatic suspension of a license for 6 months?
Well I just thought that David Heron might like to enter the public arena with his satire... because readers everywhere really liked his stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment